Birth Control Options Questions and Answers
Talk to Doctor Michelle Trandai, MD in Chicago, IL and find the right contraceptive option for you. For more information, call us today or book an online appointment.
Table of Contents:
What should you consider when choosing birth control?
What are the 5 most effective forms of birth control?
What type of birth control is available at Michelle Trandai OBGYN?
What are the advantages of birth control?
When choosing birth control methods that may be right for you, it is best to consider the following:
– How effective is this birth control option?
– Is this a reversible birth control option in case I decide to have children down the road?
– Are there any side effects I should be aware of, and if so, are they tolerable if I do experience any?
– How does this birth control option fit in with my lifestyle and personality?
– The option I am choosing, is it better for an individual in a monogamous relationship or not?
– Do I have any health conditions that may affect the birth control options available?
– Can I afford this option of birth control now and in the future?
Consider all the options available on the market, and review all of the information available including writing down a pros and cons list for yourself depending on what may or may not work for you, your lifestyle, and your current situation.
The most effective form of birth control is abstinence; abstinence is the only birth control that is 100 percent effective and is the best way to protect yourself from STDs/STIs. However, if you do plan to have sex, it is highly recommended to use a form of birth control as well as a condom. Condoms not only protect females from getting pregnant with a 98% effective rate when used properly, but they also protect each partner from STDs/STIs that could leave permanent issues and can cause long-term issues down the road.
Other types of birth control that are available to the public include:
– Birth Control Implant
– Birth Control Shot
– Birth Control Vaginal Ring
– Birth Control Patch
– Birth Control Pill
– Birth Control Sponge
– Spermicide & Gel
– Cervical Cap
– Sterilization (also known as Tubal Ligation)
Talk to Dr. Michelle Trandai today to learn more about these birth control methods, and which method would be best for you.
All options are available at Dr. Michelle Trandai’s clinic. She is focused on having a consultation appointment to review your health background, families medical background and go over other items that will be important before recommending different birth control options that will work for you.
We use the appointment time as an opportunity for our female patients to ask any and all questions they may have in regards to birth control options, pregnancy, side effects, and anything else. As all of this pertains to the use of birth control.
While the main advantages of birth control are to help prevent any unwanted pregnancies in women. However, the advantages of a birth control method go beyond pregnancy-related items. A few of the advantages of birth control include:
– Regulating menstrual cycles
– Making your period less painful
– Destroy any hormonal acne
– Reduces the female’s risk of uterine cancer
– Reduces the female’s risk of ovarian cysts
– Help to relieve any symptoms you may experience from PMS and PMDD
– Help to manage endometriosis
– Help with any menstrual migraines
– Gives women the freedom to bleed when they want too
– Reduce the risk of anemia
It should be noted, that birth control is not for everyone, especially women who smoke and are over the age of 35, due to the fact that it can increase your chances of blood clots and high blood pressure. Make sure to talk to your doctor about any signs or symptoms you may be experiencing when it comes to your birth control. As your doctor can help you choose a different option.
Call us for more information. We serve patients from Chicago IL, Evanston IL, Ravenswood IL, Uptown IL, Lake View IL, Lincoln Park IL, Buena Park IL, Bowmanville IL, Boystown IL and Roscoe Village, IL.